It’s been a busy 30 Days. And I don’t know that I’ve ever thought quite so much about what clothes I am wearing or will wear. And my closet has been very well explored this month. I have been outside of my comfort zone more often than once, but I can proudly say that I have in fact worn a different outfit every day this month, and I have learned so much about what I can wear and how I feel in my clothes.
Here’s some of what I learned:
- I have SO MANY CLOTHES. There is so much in my hanging in my closet or folded in my drawers. I used to feel that my wardrobe was limited, but I have come to realize that I have clothes for almost every occasion. That exploration time in my closet has been invaluable because I now feel confident that I can dress myself no matter where I’m going.
- There are other comfortable clothes besides yoga pants. Really. I’ll be reaching for my jeans or linen pants first from now on. I’ll look a bit more polished, and I’ll be just as relaxed.
- Accessories are my friends. Throw on that necklace or scarf. Don’t be afraid of dangly earrings. Enjoy a big bag or a belt. (I really love the belt.) And know that those pieces help make me look more polished too. They give an outfit a focal point, something to look for. And belts make me look skinnier. #winning.
- I can be outrageous. I can be crazy. I can be unexpected. And I can do it all with my clothes. I’m no longer afraid to step over the imaginary line that I saw before. I can wear it, and if I want to, I will.
- I do have a style! Amazing, right? It is still evolving and still changing, but I do have a style that I like and I want to see more of. It’s simple and fun, but it’s also me.
- I like getting up in the morning and actually getting dressed. I like feeling like I’m accomplishing something and so I can totally rock my entire day. It amazes me that what I put on the outside of my body can totally affect the way I feel.
So I’m declaring these 30 days very successful. And I’m declaring this month official finished. Will I revert back to yoga pants tomorrow? I don’t think so. I’ve seen the power and the confidence that comes with feeling put together, and that is so much more comfortable than any oversize pair of yoga pants.
What have you been up to for these 30 Days? Do you have big plans for your next 30 Days?