Oh my. Really, is there any other way to start? This month has gone by at light speed, racing past, one project followed quickly by another. And while they weren’t all crafty undertakings, my month was busy. And tiring. But it was also successful. And I declare Saturday’s Girls Night Out/Bachelorette party for my friend Lisa an amazing success. The recipes, decorations, and photo booth were all pulled from Pinterest and made for a polished and super fun night.
Here are some Pinterest Lessons I’ve learned this month.
- Be Flexible. It works in life and on social media. You can see all these beautiful projects on Pinterest, but you can’t expect them all to fit perfectly into your life. You have to make the projects and ideas fit into your world. This month I’ve found that sometimes materials, time spent, and even instructions are better off looked at with a discerning eye.
- Pinterest really does have an answer for most any question. Headache? Wondering which color to paint the living room? What kind of dog should I get? Need a quick smile? Decorating for holidays? Shopping for fall boots? Baking? There is one of everything. It’s not just for crafts.
- PicMonkey is a great resource for making images that people want to pin. It’s easy, free, and does a lot of what what Photoshop and Illustrator typically do. Awesome, right?
- My life will never, ever, ever look like Pinterest. There’s not enough time or money or desire to craft my way to Pinterest Perfection, and I know now that I don’t want to. Not at all.
- I have even been dreaming in Pinterest, and no less than four times tonight, my husband told me to stop, slow down, and not take on any more. A lot of that has to do with my busy Pinterest schedule. 30 Days straight of looking to Pinterest has worn me down. Bring on the next, less busy challenge.
Am I glad I did 30 Days of Pinterest? You bet? Would I do it again? Nope. I have gotten to know the social media much better–what to or not to do or how to pin from my iPad. And it’s always nice to be informed. I just think that I might’ve gotten a little overwhelmed with all there was going on this month.
What did you learn this month? And what do you have planned for October?